Auto Insurance

Here, at Reed Insurance Agency, we pride ourselves in providing the best auto insurance policies with the appropriate coverage for your needs. No matter your situation, we will quote you with our 10+ different insurance companies that provide car insurance to try to find you the best deal possible.

What kind of coverage does an auto policy provide and what do they mean? 

Liability Coverage helps protect you and your assets if you cause an injury to others or damage the property of others with your vehicle. Bodily injury liability protects you in the event it is determined that you are responsible for an accident in which someone is hurt or killed. Property damage liability covers the damage your vehicle causes to someone else's property. 

The state minimum for liability coverage is 30/60/25. This means that you are covered for $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident for bodily injury with $25,000 for propertdamage. 

Medical Payments Coverage covers the cost of doctors, hospitals, and funeral expenses for you and/or your passengers that result from an accident, regardless of who was at fault. 

*This is not a required coverage. However, you cannot have both Medical Payments Coverage and Personal Injury Protection on your policy.*

Personal Injury Protection Coverage is the same as the medical payments coverage, but it also covers 80% of lost income and the cost of hiring a caregiver for an injured person. 
Something to keep in mind with this coverage, is that it only pays up to the dollar amount chosen. Insurance companies must offer you $2,500 in coverage, but you can buy more. 

*If you do not want PIP coverage, you must reject it in writing*

Uninsured Motorists/Underinsured Motorists Coverage covers you, other drivers on the policy, and passengers in your car. This pays your expenses from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist or if the other driver did not have enough insurance to cover your bills, up to your policy's dollar limits.  

*If you do not want this coverage, you must reject it in writing*

Collision (Damage to Your Car) Deductible pays for damage to your own car, as the result of colliding with another vehicle or object or from a vehicle rollover. Your car is covered no matter who caused the accident. 

Comprehensive (Physical Damage Other than Collision) Deductible pays for damage to your auto caused by something other than a collision. This includes theft and vandalism, and disasters such as fire, flood, and hail. 

Optional Coverage:
Towing and Labor Coverage pays towing charges when your car can't be driven. It also pays for labor charges, such as changing a tire, at the place where your car is broken down. 

Rental Reimbursement Coverage pays a set daily amount for a rental car if your car is stolen or is being repaired because of damage covered by your policy. 

We are the leading insurance provider for Austin, DFW, San Antonio, and the whole state of Texas. If you're interested in an auto quote, contact us today via email, by phone (877) 892-4565 or click here!